By Ivo Geikie Cobb
The Glands of future: A examine of the character, moment version offers info pertinent to the elemental facets of character. This e-book presents an knowing of the organs of inner secretion.
Organized into components encompassing 8 chapters, this version starts off with an summary of the anatomy and features of the ductless glands. this article then examines the motion of the glands in settling on the physically construct and offers an account of ways the interior secretions effect the character. different chapters ponder the relation among the interior secretions and the man or woman. This e-book discusses to boot the points of character, the way it is shaped, of what it is composed, and the way a variety of sorts of character are made up our minds. the ultimate bankruptcy offers with heredity and explains how a ways it may possibly impact the glandular trend of an individual.
This e-book is a beneficial source for psychologists, anatomists, physiologists, scientists, and examine staff.
Read or Download The Glands of Destiny. A Study of the Personality PDF
Best personality books
The impact of the lifespan technique has been a huge function of contemporary learn in developmental psychology, as has a growing to be curiosity within the courting among character and improvement. Edited via individual psychologists and together with the paintings of the various major figures within the box, this crucial new booklet explores the connection among character and improvement.
The mental research of ethical improvement has accelerated significantly, either when it comes to the variety of theoretical views which are represented within the box, in addition to within the variety of themes which have been studied. This guide of ethical improvement represents the variety and multidisciplinary impacts on present theorizing concerning the mental research of ethical improvement and the diversity and wide scope of themes being thought of by means of students within the box.
The switch in paradigm in our box is clear of the nice human being idea of management and the instructor in his or her personal lecture room to the advance of studying groups which worth modifications and aid severe mirrored image and inspire individuals to question, problem, and debate educating and studying concerns.
- Dimensional Models of Personality Disorders: Refining the Research Agenda for DSM-V
- Personality and Dangerousness: Genealogies of Antisocial Personality Disorder
- Mehr erreichen: 36 Bausteine für Ihre Effektivität
- Genius Explained
- Youth Ethnic and National Identity in Bosnia and Herzegovina: Social Science Approaches
- Self and Identity in Modern Psychology and Indian Thought
Additional info for The Glands of Destiny. A Study of the Personality
In the pancreas there are found these small islands to which we have already referred, and the internal secretion of the pancreas is elaborated by these cells. When diabetes occurs, there is a failure to metabolise or deal with the starchy food, the symptoms of diabetes being directly due to this factor. The discovery of insulin has enabled the deficiency of the gland to be made good by injections of insulin, thus neutralising its lack in the body. Many attempts have been made to administer this substance by the mouth in the hope that it would neutralise the deficiency in the blood.
941. DUCTLESS GLANDS AND THEIR SECRETIONS 25 Brown-Séquard's conclusions. A good deal of contra dictory evidence was forthcoming, many physiologists stating that they were unable to produce the effects that Brown-Séquard claimed to have done. There is little doubt, in the light of our present know ledge, that Brown-Séquard had hit upon a truth. He was unduly optimistic, and his somewhat exaggerated claims led to the discountenancing of his ideas in toto. That he had grasped the principle of internal secretions is shown by his writings.
This gland is about the size of a green pea and is connected to the brain by a hollow stem. Its functions are many. It is concerned with the utilisation of food, with the processes of growth, and it bears an intimate relation with the sexual development. It is divided into two lobes, an anterior and a posterior. There are certain well-recognised diseases which owe their origin to disturbance of one or other part of this gland. Over-activity in early life is believed to lead to gigantism; when it occurs in later life, to a disease called acromegaly.